I am being super risky and living big! This is very very big. So big that apparently, I can’t be eloquent about it. I just want to say that this is possibly one of the turning points of my life. I’m going through a sea change. Every day, something eventful and different has happened. I am living fully with my fears, dreams, past, and future, all existing within and around me.
Some of the things that have happened just this past week:
- I jump started my car, by myself, with my parents’ car
- I then took my car to the dealership to get a new battery (bye $170)
- I went on two interviews at an architects firm
- I got a job! As a receptionist covering for a maternity leave
- I resigned from my teaching job, after months of indecision, sickness, and anxiety
- I took Gulu on a walk around the lake and out for a drive~
- I completed a few jigsaw puzzles (This is all thanks to Britney Barnes)
- I talked to my therapist and make my own doctor’s appointments
- I have been by myself, with just me and Gulu
- I went to a Valentines’ card making workshop!
As you can see, I’ve been through a lot! I feel like I need a vacation after all of this. BUT! Alas, the hustle continues and I start my temp job as a receptionist tomorrow.
One thing I like to do whenever I end a chapter of my life, whether it’s breaking up, quitting a job, or moving, is to try to live better and more fully. I feel like if I end something and I go on to waste my time and not do anything differently, it dishonors the choice I made and the people/things I left behind. So, since I am leaving teaching, something that has been super important to my life, it is time to start living really fully. I think how I felt that month/summer with Ray, is how I can live now. 100% since I have my life back from teaching. I have no excuses! Some of the things I want to do:
Classes I can take (These are pretty expensive and a luxury. I love taking classes!) :
- Cooking classes @ Hipcooks
- Craft workshops @ Paper Source, Michael’s
- Tutoring w/adults @ OC Reads
- Walking Gulu (not a class, but it gets me out of the house and exercising!)
Things I can do at home (Let’s face it, I love being home. I’d probably stay at home all day if I could):
- Yoga @ YogaWithAdriene
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Playing viola or ukelele
I am sooo, so very excited to live my dream! Of course, all of this is contingent on my health. Without a healthy body and strength, nothing is possible.
Happiness, Sadness. Turmoil, Peace. This is the story of my life.